To visit Hüsnü Baser’s collection of photos from the 50th Anniversary meeting, go to his collection on Webshots (http://family.webshots.com/album/573268296vtOaSI)
Archive for the ‘News & Announcements’ Category
On the open ocean, a small fishing boat bobs on the rolling waves. The team of scientists on board has set out from a remote atoll in Fiji, and they are out to find new chemistry in the inky Pacific depths…
Saturday, June 27 – Wednesday, July 1, 2009 – Sheraton Waikiki – Honolulu, Hawaii, USA.
To Roy Okuda, John Cardellina and the members of the organizing committees, who provided such a great meeting in a wonderful venue — Mahalo nui loa!
Pacifichem 2010 is The International Chemical Congress of Pacific Basin Societies, and will be held in Honolulu, Hawaii, December 15-20, 2010. The meeting will host several symposia of interest to the natural products community, including the following:
- Marine Natural Products: Isolation, Biology, Ecology, and Synthesis [Jon Rainier (United States) firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Recent Advances in Natural Products as Anticancer Agents [David G. I. Kingston (USA) email@example.com]
- Novel Synthetic Methodology and Its Application to Natural Product Synthesis [Frederick West (Canada) firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Total Synthesis of Natural Products and Related Compounds [Keiji Tanino (Japan) email@example.com]
- Design and Synthesis of Biologically Active Compounds and Natural Products [Tohru Oishi (Japan) firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Biosynthesis of Natural Products [Professor John Vederas (Canada) email@example.com]
All symposia will include both invited and contributed papers, and there will also be a poster session associated with each symposium. Abstract submission will open on January 1, 2010 through March 15, 2010. General information can be obtained from the website http://www.pacifichem.org/, and specific information about the symposia listed above can be obtained by contacting the organizer listed.