A postdoctoral research position is available at Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy, University of Hawaii at Hilo in the laboratory of Dr. Shugeng Cao. Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy established in 2006 is the only pharmacy school in the Pacific. One Core Lab at the College houses instruments including GC-MS, LC-MS, NMR, UV, IR, Polarimeter and CD etc., while another Core Lab is mainly for biology. Successful candidates will perform biological experiments including biochemical & cell-based assays, RT-PCR, Western Blotting, and TEM etc. This position requires experience in biochemical and molecular biology in addition to natural product chemistry. Candidates should have a publication record and be willing to work in a collaborative environment. Responsibilities include performing research, writing research publications, and training students etc. Please send a cover letter, CV, and contact information for three (3) references to Dr. Shugeng Cao at email@example.com with “application for Postdoctoral research associate” in the subject line of the email.
Postdoctoral Opportunity on Leaf Cutting Ants Control in São Carlos-SP – Brazil
The Chemistry Department of Centre of Exact Sciences and Technology of the Federal University of São Carlos (UFSCar) offer Postdoctoral opportunity on leaf cutting ants control with FAPESP grants.
The registration period ends on 20 January 2017.
Fellows will join the thematic project team “INTEGRATED STUDIES FOR LEAF CUTTING ANTS CONTROL” supported by São Paulo Research Foundation.
The main subject of the project is to control the activity of leaf cutting ants to reduce their action as agricultural pests, as well as human resources training. Three sponsorship have the following objectives: A) obtaining natural products, their toxic effects on leaf cutting ants, their symbiotic fungus, yeasts present in the nest, inhibiting effect of enzymes in the laboratory and in the field, including complexed compounds with metals (metallic smart luminescent insecticides) and microencapsulated to increase the insecticidal and fungicidal activity, know the mechanisms of action and their active sites; B) obtention, expression and immobilize enzymes in solid phase of high-performance liquid chromatography column and build microelectrode modified with the same enzymes (pectin, esterase and xylanase of ants or symbiont fungi and others involved in the insecticidal mechanism of action), and to express these enzymes from ants and their associated microorganisms.
Fellows selected for the grants will work in laboratories coordinated by Profs. Drs. João Batista Fernandes, Paulo Cezar Vieira, Maria Fatima das G. Fernandes da Silva, Dulce Helena Ferreira de Souza and Ronaldo Cenzi Faria in the Department of UFSCar Chemistry (DQ) in the interface areas of natural products, microelectrodes and enzymology .
Registration can be made exclusively by email. Applicants should send a letter of interest indicating whether the interest is to work in São Carlos, an updated curriculum vitae, including published papers certifying the project realization capacity, for the thematic project coordinator’s address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requirements for application – The applicant should have the following requirements:
– Have a PhD in the areas of Organic Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology or related to them;
– Having obtained the doctor title for a maximum of 7 years;
– The candidate should have curriculum that demonstrate capacity to participate in the project development;
– It is desirable that the candidate has fluency in English;
– The candidate must devote themselves fully and exclusively to the project activities;
– Do not have employment;
– Do not be receiving post-doctoral fellowship;
– The candidate must have the ability to organize research tasks independently and assist in routine activities related directly to the development of the project;
– The candidate should be able to initiate the activities related to the project as soon as approved his candidacy by FAPESP.
– Curricular Sumula;
– Two letter of professionals recommendation;
– Report of professional experience and motivation as the function to be exercised;
– Copy of three articles that considers important in the tender area.
Selection – The scholarship selection shall be made by analyzing the documentation received;
Result – The result will be sent to the applicant by email on the day January, 31, 2016.
Scholarship – The selected candidate will receive funding by FAPESP, being awarded a post-doctoral fellowship, lasting 12 months, with the possibility of 3 more renewals of 12 months each.
Beginning of activities – The selected candidate must be able to start operations as soon as approved his candidacy by FAPESP.
We are seeking a hands-on Postdoctoral Research Associate experienced in quantitative and qualitative analysis of foods. The ideal candidate should have experience in handling analytical instruments including LC, LC-MS and GC-MS. Must possess high attention to detail, strong organization skills, and excellent communication. He/she will need to operate in a startup environment and be flexible to take on new and added responsibilities according to research need.
• PhD in Horticulture, Agriculture, Chemistry or related field with a focus on fruits and vegetables. Organic or analytical chemistry experience, demonstrated record of productivity in related area of research as evidenced by publications and/or patents.
• Hands-on experience with a wide range of techniques in purification, and spectroscopic characterization of novel compounds (NMR, LC-MS, HPLC, etc.). Experience in identification metabolites, isolation and identification of bioactive compounds.
• Conduct postharvest research to develop new techniques to extend the shelf life of fruits and vegetables. Determine levels of bioactives in fruits and vegetables. Develop technology to preserve and maintain quality and nutritional values of fresh fruits and vegetables after harvest through delivery to the consumer.
• Conduct experiments related to identifying metabolites in plant and biological samples Develop and conduct research projects related to “foods for health” such as analysis and method development of bioactive compounds.
• Operate and maintain analytical core unit and related instruments and maintaining day today laboratory and field experiments.
• Responsible for conducting and maintaining records of experiments. Lab safety and related duties and responsibilities.
• Develop and conduct research projects such as analysis and method development of bioactive compounds. Investigate changes of bioactive compounds during the postharvest handling processes.
• Work with industry partners and collect samples from field from different locations in Texas.
• Train undergraduates, graduate students, and visiting scientists.
• Conduct hands-on training based on need and develop short courses. Responsible for writing external and internal grant proposals, manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals and reports.
• Any duties assigned by the Vegetable and Fruit Improvement Center based on the specific need.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Design experiments independently for the research with limited assistance
• Demonstrate competency with laboratory work and use of analytical instrumentation
• Interpret analytical data from LC/MS or GC-MS instrumentation and apply understanding to solving the specific problem
• Track record of peer-reviewed publications and scholarly work in the related areas.
• Write scientific reports fit for the audience that includes specific conclusions, exact methodology, and supporting analytical data
• Comfortable working in a fast paced environment with firm deadlines
• Maintain analytical instrumentation and troubleshoot problems when necessary
• Write standard operating procedures and demonstrate the ability to follow procedures
• Work effectively in a team environment
• Able to communicate constructively with other scientists and collaborators
• Experience in identifying metabolites in biological samples.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Including Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
• Managing lab group, maintaining supplies and inventory.
• Quantitative and Qualitative analysis of ingredients via LC/MS; specifically an Agilent 1290 coupled to a Bruker maxis Impact
• Assay development for new compounds and ingredients
• Maintenance of instrumentation and ordering of expendables
• Impeccable record keeping and troubleshooting skills
• Highly collaborative, self-motivated, team-oriented individual, with good computer skills.
Please apply at https://greatjobs.tamu.edu with NOV 09992 and email email@example.com with any questions.
This job listing was created using Job Manager for WordPress, by Tom Townsend.
© 2016 The American Society of Pharmacognosy. All Rights Reserved.
and Comments (RSS).