The purpose of the American Society of Pharmacognosy Newsletter is to serve as the primary source to disseminate information in various scientific disciplines to the membership of the Society. It also serves to convey messages to the membership and to encourage individuals to become members.
The Newsletter is published quarterly. The issues and the due date for materials to appear in that issue are shown below.
- Spring (March 1)
- Summer (June 1)
- Fall (September 1)
- Winter (December 1)
- News items are accepted in the fields related to the discipline of pharmacognosy, which includes natural product chemistry and applications, biotechnology, phytomedicine, phytochemistry, pharmaceutical technology, complementary and alternative therapies, nutraceuticals, traditional medicines, and related areas.
- Information on upcoming meetings of the American Society of Pharmacognosy and other meetings related to the areas above.
- Listings of new books related to the discipline of pharmcognosy.
- Announcements of the development of new programs in the area of natural products at colleges and universities, institutes, and governmental organizations.
- Announcements of the availability of award and grant opportunities in the area of natural products research.
- Listings of job opportunities for young professionals in relevant areas.
Questions about the ASP Newsletter can be addressed to:
Dr. Edward J. Kennelly, Editor
Lehman College – CUNYs
Dept of Biological Sciences
250 Bedford Park Blvd West
Bronx NY 10468-1527