Kingdom Supercultures is transforming natural microbial cultures into a new class of technology for consumer product manufacturers. We’re building a state-of-the-art platform to aggregate, characterize, and assemble natural microbes into new combinations (“Supercultures”), which are used by our customers to make plant-based cheeses with authentic dairy tastes, lower-alcohol wines with full flavor, personal care products with natural functional ingredients, and much more. Along the way, we’re developing new field of microbial community design, driven by a diverse team of world-class scientists.We’re in active R&D projects with some of the largest manufacturers in the food, beverage, and personal care industries. Our natural cultures are replacing artificial ingredients, improving sustainability and nutrition, and unlocking entirely new value propositions. We’re backed by Y-Combinator and other top venture capital investors.We’re looking for a Scientist – Chemistry to join our founding scientific team of chemists, bioengineers, biologists, and computational scientists. This individual will drive Kingdom’s analytical chemistry capacities across food and consumer packaged goods by developing and conducting innovative analysis approaches for various biological matrices that inform key consumer benefits.
This is a full time, in-person role at our state-of-the-art headquarters in Brooklyn, NY. In this role, you will:
• Produce novel chemical insight regarding a given biological matrix (e.g., plant-based protein, wine) by designing and executing custom analytical pipelines using LC and GC coupled mass spectrometry
• Quickly evaluate success criteria of projects by interpreting chemical analysis
• Plan and onboard unmet analytical needs to advance capacities and optimize in-house capacities
• Work directly with biologists and other non-chemists to provide experimental oversight
• Maintain existing analytical instrumentation (including LC and GC QTOF), establish standard operating procedures, and train non-experts
MS or PhD in chemistry, biochemistry, or chemical biology OR BS with >5 years of relevant industry experience using analytical chemistry techniques