The Ethnobotany program in the College of Rural and Community Development at the University of Alaska Fairbanks seeks applicants for an adjunct Assistant Professor level with expertise in natural products chemistry / Pharmacognosy. The successful applicant will teach a lower division natural products chemistry online for the Ethnobotany program. This position requires distance online teaching in the evening and/or weekends on Alaska standard time.
NOTE: To be eligible for this position, applicants must be legally authorized for unrestricted employment in the United States. No work visas will be sponsored for this position.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement: The University of Alaska (UA) is responsible for providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the applicant screening process. If you need assistance in completing this application or during any phase of the interview process, please contact UA Human Resources by phone at 907-450-8200.
Affirmative Action Statement: UA is an AA/EO employer and educational institution and prohibits illegal discrimination against any individual: www.alaska.edu/nondiscrimination Background Check: The successful applicant is required to complete a background check. Any offer of employment is contingent on a background check.
Public Disclosure Statement: Your application for employment with the University of Alaska is subject to public disclosure under the Alaska Public Records Act. The University of Alaska is a Drug-Free Workplace. The University of Alaska campuses are tobacco-free.
Training Policy: It is the policy of the University of Alaska (UA) that all employees are required to complete training to meet the requirements of the positions they hold and to complete the required training within a specified period to remain employed at the UA.
Apply for this Job Posting here:https://careers.alaska.edu/cw/en-us/job/519819/crcd-temporary-faculty-credit
The expectations with regard to teaching are as follows:
• Prepare syllabi consistent with approved UAF Faculty Senate course guidelines
• Work with the department chair, program chair and other faculty members to create course material for online teaching
• Employ best practices and current pedagogical approaches to create an effective and engaging learning experience for students in an online
• Prepare and deliver lectures
• Evaluate student learning using formative and summative assessments and provide regular and timely feedback to students on their learning
• Hold weekly office hours and respond to student requests for assistance in an appropriate and timely manner
• Complete all required training and remain current on safety requirements stipulated by the UAF’s office of Environmental Health, Safety and Risk Management.
REQUIRED EDUCATION OR TRAINING:
- Ph.D. in medicinal chemistry/biochemistry/pharmacognosy or related fields.
- Some online teaching experience.
KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS/ ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of natural products chemistry / Pharmacognosy
- Knowledge of pedagogical skills
- Ability to design educational materials for online courses
- Ability to teach effectively and engagingly online
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational abilities
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact the University of Alaska HR at 907-450-8200. Dr. Anshul Pandya. Chair, Science Dept, CRCD, UAF. (firstname.lastname@example.org)