Our Research Laboratories’ Postdoctoral Research Fellow Program aims to be a best-in-industry program for industrial postdoctoral researchers, designed to provide you with an academic focus in a commercial environment. With the resources, reach, and expertise of a large pharmaceutical company, postdoctoral researchers will be positioned to excel in an institution committed to breakthrough innovation in research and discovery. We are seeking a Postdoctoral Fellow, who is passionate about NMR spectroscopy, to join the department of Analytical Research and Development in Rahway, NJ. The postdoctoral fellow will work in close collaboration with analytical, computational, and synthetic chemists and will be responsible for developing state-of-the-art NMR methods for structure elucidation of complex pharmaceutical compounds, including peptides and natural products. The successful candidate will be expected to deliver high-quality publications and presentations at internal/external conferences. The ideal candidate should have expertise in the application of advanced NMR methods and the interpretation of spectra. Experience with organic synthesis and computational chemistry would also be preferred.
Website - https://jobs.merck.com/us/en/job/R221120/Postdoctoral-Research-Fellow-Nuclear-Magnetic-Resonance/
- Development and application of novel NMR techniques, particularly anisotropic NMR, to expand the toolset for solving structural problems encountered in drug discovery and development.
- Actively learning and applying techniques of other fields (e.g. DFT, other analytical methods, organic synthesis) to advance the postdoctoral research.
- Developing effective scientific communication skills through publications in peer-reviewed journals and presenting at conferences.
- Cross-collaboration with colleagues in adjacent functional areas (e.g., analytical chemistry, modeling and informatics, and synthetic chemistry).
- Active participation in meetings such as departmental, NMR group, and postdoctoral training program.
Education Minimum Requirement: Ph.D. (or will you have completed your PhD within the next year) in chemistry, biochemistry, biophysics, or equivalent with an emphasis on NMR techniques.
Required Experience and Skills:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in NMR spectroscopy with a proven track record of accomplishments in the area of small organic molecule and peptide structure elucidation (e.g., natural products, pharmaceuticals, etc.).
- Ability and willingness to work both independently and collaboratively.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- 4+ years of NMR experience; experience with anisotropic NMR is desirable.
- Comprehensive knowledge of NMR instrumentation, methodology and software.
- Experience in computational chemistry (molecular modeling, DFT calculations) and scientific programming (macros, scripts) skills are highly preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in organic synthesis and related analytical techniques (mass spectrometry, chromatography, etc.) is desirable.
Xiao Wang, firstname.lastname@example.org