At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.The Biologicals and Natural Products (B&NP) team at Corteva Agriscience plays a central role in the discovery, development, and optimization of live microbial and small molecule natural products that improve the productivity of our customer farmers. Corteva Agriscience has an exciting opportunity for a Postdoctoral Research Scientist to join the team in Indianapolis, IN.
- Characterize several diverse microbial strains from Corteva’s library that demonstrates biocontrol activity against market-relevant agricultural pests and pathogens
- Collaborate with analytical chemists to quantify the levels of target metabolites as a function of growth conditions
- Prepare live or inactive microbial culture samples for bioactivity evaluations, and partner with biologists to ensure robust testing in controlled environments.
- Ph.D. in Microbiology or related scientific field
- Experience with the growth and characterization of diverse microbial species (preferably including Actinomycetes and/or fungi)
- Experience with isolation and analysis of natural products and/or proteins
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, and technical writing skills
- Experience as an effective member of cross-disciplinary teams.
- Experience with fermentation at multiple scales (e.g. microtiter plates, shaker flasks, bioreactors)
- Experience with analytical quantitation of metabolites and proteins
- Experience with DNA isolation, microbial genome sequencing, and bioinformatics
- Experience in microbial population profiling through sequence analysis
Email - email@example.com