At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.The Biologicals and Natural Products (B&NP) team in Corteva Agriscience plays a critical role in the discovery, development, and optimization of microbial and small molecule natural product active ingredients. We are seeking a Senior Microbiologist to join our multi-disciplinary team at the Indianapolis Global Business Center as we grow our pipeline of sustainable products.
- Drive Corteva’s discovery projects for small molecule natural products and live microbial biologicals through collaboration with biochemists, biologists, and data scientists.
- Develop and execute strategies to optimize microbial growth and/or the production of metabolites with biological activity.
- Design and deploy molecular approaches such as mutagenesis and directed evolution to improve the performance of specific microbial technologies.
- Ph.D. in Microbiology or related scientific field
- At least 7 years of work experience in an industry setting and/or in applied research
- Project and/or technical team leadership experience and a track record of success
- Experience with characterizing the physiology of non-standard microbial species, e.g. Actinomycetes or filamentous fungi
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, and technical writing skills
- Experience with microbial secondary metabolite characterization
- Experience with microbial fermentation (lab scale and/or pilot scale) and bioprocess development
- Experience working on biological products for agriculture
Quanbo Xiong, firstname.lastname@example.org