Senior Scientist, Phytochemistry
This role exists to assist the Company with maintaining the leadership position in Clean Beauty and transparency by researching, finding, and recommending natural ingredients that have biological and topical benefits for the hair and skin care category. This role will identify ingredient opportunities and work cross functionally to enable testing of the natural products for efficacy with internal and external partners. This individual will work to move the ingredients through internal process to be leveraged in new product development launches.
- Engage in specialized research within an area of technical expertise or a specialized function making technical contributions that promote and maintain the Company's status as the leader in the field of green chemistry and botanical/plant based ingredients.
- Leverage open innovation principles to find alternative to ingredients in our formulations, working with the suppliers to bring these opportunities to life.
- Oversee ingredient initiatives and collaborate with other groups within R&D.
- Conduct, document and present the findings of independent research and experimentation, in specialized field of expertise.
- Develop new and innovative techniques, technology and/or products that substantially differ from or exceed current products and technologies.
- Provide technical leadership to R&D function through educational and consultative assistance to professional staff in area of expertise.
- Design, conduct and document research based on topics of special interest to R&D management.
- Interface with senior R&D management to troubleshoot, explain and demonstrate findings.
- Research new directions and ideas through examination of scientific literature and interaction with other scientists and members of the professional community.
- Participate in special projects as assigned by senior management.
- Equivalent of a Master's Degree in scientific field with a minimum of 4 years laboratory experience or a Ph.D. with a minimum of 2 years laboratory experience
- Knowledge of botanical, natural extracts, and natural products
- Knowledge of phytochemistry
- Knowledge of medicinal chemistry is preferred
- Knowledge of herbal medicine or Ayurvedic Medicine or TCM is preferred
- Knowledge of skin biology or antiaging or hair biology is preferred
- Knowledge of green chemistry principles is preferred
- Supplier Management experience preferred
- 10% Travel
March 28, 2022
June 30, 2022