LifeMine Therapeutics, Inc. is the first biotechnology company exploiting the unique ability of fungi to produce powerful drugs optimized through billions of years of evolution and deploying these molecules for the treatment of intractable human diseases via novel biological mechanisms. The company is using a genome mining and recombinant overexpression approach to mount a massive search for novel drugs through the fungal biosphere. With operations in Cambridge and Gloucester, Massachusetts, LifeMine brings a unique approach to its revolutionary scientific and medical mission.
We are seeking a highly motivated PhD-level scientist skilled in mass spectrometry to impact our small molecule drug discovery platform. This role will be key to identifying our Genetically Encoded small Molecule (GEM) lead molecules derived from fungi via genomically enabled drug discovery. The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment and collaborate within multidisciplinary teams.
- Perform independent hands-on experimental work utilizing mass spectrometry, including HRMS, liquid chromatography and other analytical techniques.
- Contribute to the existing structure elucidation and metabolomics workflows.
- Evaluate and/or develop new technologies and identify proprietary technical opportunities.
- Optimize sample analysis, data interpretation, and effectively communicate to cross functional teams.
- Generate technical documents and presentations.
- Mentor junior staff members.
- PhD with 4-8yrs experience in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry or related field.
- Expertise in applying liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry techniques to small molecules.
- Experience with high resolution TOF, Orbitrap, ion trap MS instruments is a must.
- Develop methods with HPLC/UPLC.
- Knowledge in troubleshooting mass spec instrumentation.
- Familiarity with various mass spec vendors (e.g. ThermoFisher, Agilent, Waters, etc.).
- Understanding of organic chemistry mechanisms is a must.
- Experience with AP-MS/AS-MS pull-down techniques is a plus.
- Data recording, interpretation and management required.
LifeMine is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law
Please apple to this opportunity directly via this link here to be considered for the role: https://grnh.se/c477cfa72us)
Comments - We kindly request no solicitations by agencies or firms regarding this role.