The Analytical Scientist II will develop and validate new analytical methods and perform standard chemical and physical analysis of inner and outer nutritional products in the Quality Control laboratory using wet chemistry techniques and instrumentation. This role will also provide technical support to cross-functional groups including Research and Development and Global Licensing and provide training to the junior chemists. This position initiates, evaluates plans, directs, executes, implements and reports on activities related to the development of new products, improvements or cost saving ideas. This position carries with it the responsibility to mentor team members and grow their capabilities for contributing to the organization while coordinating and running the efforts within the Lab environment.
How you would contribute:
- Evaluate, develop and validate new methods and procedures.
- Develop sophisticated test methods and serve as a technical expert in their respective areas.
- Implement industry's standard methodologies on laboratory techniques, methods or technology.
- Fuel innovative pipeline for quality control laboratory.
- Develop novel techniques and methodology.
- Submit publications or submissions to professional affiliates (e.g. USP, AOAC, etc.).
- Provide insight based on statistical data analysis, trending and/or reports.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to resolve product or process issues. Collaborate with industry's specialists (e.g. by serving in a committee, etc.).
- Provide technical leadership to Herbalife (internal) and industry (external).
- Pro-actively lead cross functional team to seek issues and initiate continuous improvement activities.
- Demonstrate solid knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and Good Documentation Practices (GDP). Document data in lab notebook and follow basic cGMP guidelines. Take active roles to ensure that laboratory is in compliance.
- Develop and run audit and compliance program to meet ISO17025 accreditation requirements (including statistical analysis of data).
- Conduct internal and external audit as needed.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Skills and background required to be successful:
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related scientific fields
- 10 years of analytical test method development and validation experience in the quality control laboratory of nutraceutical or pharmaceutical industry for B.S. (5 years for M.S. and 3 years for Ph.D.)
- 5 years‚Äô experience in analytical chemistry on botanicals
- Experience working in a cGMP environment
- Experience in various wet chemical analyses and instrumentation utilizing FTIR, HPLC, ICP, UV-Vis spectrophotometer, ICP/MS, GC/MS, LC/MS and UPLC
- Method validation protocol and report generation and review
- Ability to execute testing according to established methods; provide troubleshooting and optimize test methods.
- Demonstrates high proficiency in lab instrumentation and test methods.
- Ability to seek technical and practical problems and carry out responsibilities independently.
- Ability to prioritize workload for effective implementation.
- Strong customer and results orientation.
- Ability to interact efficient at all levels with sensitivity to cultural diversity.
- Ability to function as an effective team leader.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt as the external environment and organization evolves.
- Ability to draft validation protocols and reports.
- Ability to review validation protocols and reports and provide input.
- Possesses strong written and persuasive verbal communication skills
- Provides suggestions and insights to assist in developing methods and procedures/participates in setting short term objectives for immediate staff
- Health & Wellness important to you? We‚Äôve got you covered with benefits day 1! No waiting time for medical, dental & vision
- Need a break? We‚Äôve got your back with generous time off, including paid holidays, compensated volunteer days and extra days for the unexpected
- Get your fitness on!! Onsite fitness center, group classes including yoga and bootcamp, free personal training and fitness challenges year-round
- Get paid and get moving with our Wellness Incentive Program! Annual employee reimbursement (up to $500) and access to a Wellness Coach
- Balance equals a healthy and happy community! We offer flexible work schedule, telecommuting and rideshare options
- Like freebies and discounts? Complimentary HN products in our stocked pantries, generous discounts and free HN apparel/accessory giveaways
- Planning for the future? 401(k) with company-match, ESPP, tuition reimbursement and online/onsite courses
Want to learn more? Don't wait, APPLY NOW!
At Herbalife, we value doing what's right. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected characteristic. We value diversity, strive for inclusivity, and believe the differences among our teammates is a key contributor to Herbalife's ongoing success.