Post-Doctoral Research Associate---Sang Lab
The Functional Food Lab at the Center for Excellence in Post-Harvest Technologies at the North Carolina Research Campus in Kannapolis, a unit within the School of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences at North Carolina A&T State University, is seeking a Postdoctoral Research Associate who has research experience in the field of analytical chemistry, especially mass spectrometry (MS). Experience with drug metabolism and metabolomics analysis using LC-MS or GC-MS are desirable. The research mainly focuses on developing and validating specific biomarkers of exposures to dietary consumption in complex biological matrices and also monitoring post-prandial changes of endogenous substances related to risk factors of chronic diseases in animals and in humans. The candidate is expected to work independently in LC/MS development and validation of dietary exposure biomarkers employing hybrid quadrupole-orbitrap, ion trap and high resolution MS instruments, and GC-MS to measure volatile metabolites in biological samples.
- Ph.D. in analytical chemistry, chemistry, biochemistry, or other closely related fields
- Experience with MS instrumentation: LC-MS/MS and chemical derivatization
- Extensive experience on operating and maintaining different MS instruments and data analysis software
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative analysis of metabolites, and trace-level analysis of biomolecules in vivo
- Knowledge in metabolomics data analysis, e.g. statistical and multivariate data analysis
- Excellent written and oral communication skills for communicating and publishing scientific results
- Strong ability to work both independently and in a team environment
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply with an e-mail containing: a statement of current and future research interests, curriculum vitae, and names and contact information of three references to Dr. Shengmin Sang at email@example.com.