If you have a passion for biosynthesis research, process development, pilot production of natural compositions, as well as a sense of creativity and a mind for technique, we want to hear from you! Unigen is seeking an energetic, articulate, precise, and results oriented individual for the Natural Products Lab.
The Natural Products Scientist assists the organization’s natural product biosynthesis research, process development, and pilot production of natural compositions required to advance leads into pre-clinical development, human clinical trial and commercialization including working in a multidisciplinary team responsible for extraction, isolation, purification, and identification of novel compounds by following biochemical and other high throughout assays.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position has the main responsibilities but not limited to below.
• Works collaboratively with clients and natural product development staff in all aspects to achieve research and development goals
• Ensures quality and excellence of all natural product development efforts
• Follows established standards and procedures, measuring results against plans and standards, evaluating and improving methods, and making required improvements
• Conducts natural product research including plant sourcing, extraction, isolation, purification, identification, bioconversion, biosynthesis, standardization and quantification of bioactive natural compounds
• Operate and maintain HPLC, LC/MS, NMR, GC/MS and other instruments
• Manages pilot production and scale-up production of natural compositions required to advance leads into pre-clinical development, human clinical trial and commercialization
• Write report, manuscript, patent application, prepare poster and ppt presentation.
• Performs other miscellaneous tasks as required
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Ph.D. degree in Natural Product Chemistry with 0-2 years strong biosynthesis experience
• Strong knowledge and experience in all aspects of natural product research especially in enzymatic bioconversion of natural compounds, plant tissue and stem cell culture, synthetic biology, genomics, informatics, and fermentation to create natural products
• Strong knowledge and experience in natural compound identification and spectroscopic structure elucidation using LSMSMS and NMR
• Ability to collaborate, influence, negotiate and communicate with both internal and external staff, customers, and partners
• Demonstrated strong oral and written communication, presentation, and project management skills
• Proven research skills in a scientific development environment including technical excellence, team building, and staff development
• Proficiency with computer software programs including MS Office, ScienFinder, Medline and a variety of computerized scientific tools
TO BE CONSIDERED
If you meet these qualifications, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Salary depends on experience and qualifications. There will be a continuous review of applicants until position is filled.
Please no calls or walk-ins.
The ECONET Family of Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.