The ASP Undergraduate Research Award consists of a stipend of $2,000 to the student and $500 to the advisor to help defray the costs of the research. There are no limitations on the type of research to be conducted other than that it should be in the area of natural products. Applications should be submitted via email. Applications for the Undergraduate Research Award must be received by February 15, and consist of the following:
• An outline of the research to be conducted, written by the student applicant. This should include a statement of the problem and the goal(s) of the research, and a brief discussion of the methodology. This outline, with pertinent references, should not be longer than four double-spaced, typed pages.
• A transcript of all college work attempted.
• A curriculum vitae, including contact information and email address (upon receipt of a completed application, a confirming receipt will be sent by email).
• A letter of agreement by the faculty advisor (a member of the American Society of Pharmacognosy) for the project, indicating a willingness to supervise the project, and provide the facilities and equipment for the conduct of the project. The letter should also include a statement about the student’s academic performance and suitability to perform the work proposed.
• Preference will be given to students who have not graduated by the time the award will be administered (i.e. undergraduate students who will graduate in the spring prior to these summer awards will receive lower priority in the evaluation of applications).